We’ve always loved eggplant parmigiana. Who doesn’t? Hearty eggplant with cheese and our Italian meatless sauce is a great comfort meal, whether you’re veg or not.
3 cups of our Italian meatless sauce
2 eggplants, sliced
2 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying
(Note: This makes a lot of eggplant, so you may need to add more olive oil, flour, breadcrumbs or eggs if you feel like you’re running out)
- After sliced eggplant into ¼ inch rounds, season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and mix together the breadcrumbs and flour in a separate bowl.
- Coat bottom of frying pan with about ½ inch of olive oil and turn to medium heat.
- Dip eggplant slices through eggs, then dredge through flour mixture and cook in olive oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Once eggplant slices are all cooked, layer the bottom of a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with 1 cup of sauce. Then, add a layer of eggplant slices, and then a layer of ¾ cup of mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Then make a second layer of eggplant, topped with another cup of sauce and another ¾ mozzarella and ¼ Parmesan. Repeat layers once more, but for the final, top layer of cheese, add ½ cup Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.