When you’ve got no options…you can always count on soup.
Whenever we’ve got vegetables lying around that are on the verge of going bad or we just don;t know what the f*uck to do with them, I’m learning that no matter what, soup is always doable.
So when we had a huge head of cauliflower that I had a sense was going to turn brown at any moment, I just decided to roast it, mix it with some broth, blend it, and voila! Soup!
1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
2 cups coconut milk
3/4 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp white pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, onions, and garlic and spread out on a baking sheet
- Roast at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, turning half way through
- When they’re done, transfer to a large pot and add in remaining ingredients, EXCEPT coconut milk
- Bring a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes
- Transfer soup to blender and blend until creamy
- Return to pot over medium heat, add coconut milk, and cook for 5 more minutes
- Serve and garnish with chives