Ahh, the magic of Pinterest.
I love apps that let me browse through fairly useless crap, that give me the illusion of doing something productive. I’ve actually found a lot of great recipes based through my adventures in pinning and this was the first one I tested out. I love that everything is based on the pictures, because if a recipe doesn’t photograph well, I’m generally not interested. When it comes to cooking, usually it’s best to judge a book by its cover.
These biscuits are super yummy, a cinch to make and pair perfectly with any of our soup recipes-enjoy!
2 cups unbleached organic white flour
1 cup pepperjack Daiya cheese (or regular Monterey Jack or Colby cheese)
3/4 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp chopped green onions
1 small jalapeno, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Stir coconut milk in with the lemon juice and set aside for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper
- Add olive oil and coconut oil and mix together, leaving some chunks in the dough
- Stir in green onions, jalapenos and coconut milk mix until it forms a sticky dough
- Roll out dough onto floured surface until it’s about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut into 12-14 equal squares and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes