What do you get when you cross a hectic work schedule, a 3 day non-stop company event in Boston and a New Hampshire vacation?
Zero time for recipe creation and blogging.
My pots and pans were growing cobwebs as of late, and I hadn’t had a decent homemade meal in what seemed like weeks. Hotels are FAR from vegan-friendly and even traveling to different states proved to be somewhat difficult in terms of finding even a vegetarian restaurant (we did find a few gems though-more on that in another post).
My first day back to reality, I plunged into the fridge and scowered together anything that looked edible and could be thrown together for a simple dish. This casserole was a welcome meal and I ate most of it in two sittings!
3 cups cubed red potatoes, boiled
2 cups cooked chickpeas
1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
1/2 cup vegan cheese of your choice
1/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cayenne pepper, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash potatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, parsley, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper together until it reaches a tick, creamy consistency
- Over medium heat, cook olive oil and cayenne pepper for 1 minute
- Add zucchini and oregano and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring frequently
- Pour potato/chickpea mix into a greased baking dish (we used a smaller oval one)
- Sprinkle cheese ontop and then pour zucchini over that
- Cover evenly with breadcrumbs
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes