Breakfast. Dessert. You decide.
Either way, it’s healthy, delicious, and best of all RAW.
I just cannot get used to eating more raw meals. I don’t know why, because I really thoroughly enjoy alot of the un-cooked food I make for John and I am fully aware of how much nutrition comes from eating raw versus cooked. Midday meals and dinner are just so much more satisfying to me if cooked, and I guess I’m just not physically ready to stray away from that at all.
Luckily, fruit is much easier to work into my own raw diet, especially when they’re the base for breakfasts and desserts. Raw cheesecake, raw porridge, and raw ice cream are some of my FAVORITE meals and this parfait is definitely up there. It’s super creamy and extremely filling, so one batch can last for multiple sittings. I had this for breakfast AND dessert the other day 🙂
2 cups strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
1/2 cups shredded coconut
1/4 cup raw honey (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp pure vanilla
- In a blender, blend soaked cashews, honey, lemon juice and vanilla together until creamy
- Pour into bowl and set aside
- Then blend strawberries and raspberries together until thinned out
- Pour a layer of the cashew mix on the bottom of a glass, then add some of the strawberry mix and top with some shredded coconut
- Keep repeating layers until all mixtures are used