Will I ever tire of soup?
The answer is no.
The possibilities are endless, and no matter how much veggie broth I make each week, I know that a brand new soup recipe is not far off. Seems as though almost any vegetable can be turned into a soup, and soup just seems much healthier doesn’t it? The sodium-based can versions are actually pretty awful for you, but an honest, veggie-based soup is a light alternative, that I love to enjoy after a good yoga class. Plus, the minimal ingredients and quick prep time make for a super easy and affordable weeknight dinner.
6 cups sliced carrots
5 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 cayenne pepper, minced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lay carrots on parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with half of the oil, salt, pepper and rosemary
- Roast at 425 degrees for 40 minutes
- When cooked, heat remaining oil in a saucepan with cayenne pepper over medium heat
- Add onions and cook for 7 minutes
- Add vegetable broth and carrots and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes
- Pour into blender and blend until smooth
- Return to saucepan to medium heat and add coconut milk
- Cook for 5 more minutes