These are awesome!!
Not one for many cauliflower dishes, this faux “wings” absolutely have me hooked. The way they cook in the oven give it such a great texture and fall apart similarly to the way chicken may fall off the bone (gross reference, but very accurate). The BBQ sauce is adaptable and feel free to use whatever kind suits your palette. They were a cinch to make and I love this dish so much because it’s a full meal on its own, and who doesn’t love saying they ate an entire head of cauliflower for dinner?
1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
1 cup organic BBQ sauce (we used Annie’s Naturals)
1 cup almond milk
1 cup organic all-purpose flour
1 tbsp chipotle hot sauce (optional)
1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or whatever starch you’ve got)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
*Dip into raw vegan mayo-it doubles as sour cream too!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Whisk almond milk and flour together
- Dredge cauliflower pieces into flour mixture, sprinkle with arrowroot powder and place in a shallow glass baking dish
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix together the BBQ sauce, hot sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Once cooked, toss cauliflower with BBQ mix and bake for an additional 5 to 8 minutes